Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Meet the Powells



On October 31st 2011 we got a new neighbor. I remember brilie coming inside so excited telling me that there was a shark outside chasing her and that they had a daughter and a son also named Connor. My first thought, "I'm going to bake them brownies". By no means am i anywhere near qualified to bake any sort of baked goods, actually i really suck. But i wanted to be that nice neighbor and greet them with open arms lol. I quickly threw together a cute basket filled with brownies and cute pot holders and what nots and knocked on their door...i warned them that they might not taste good and that we were glad to have neighbors...or something like that. I met her kids outside, Dylan (aka shark boy) was running around in a costume 2 sizes to small lol and then there was Mckenzie, running around with Brilie and Dylan. Who knew that i would end up considering these people my family. I have had some of the best times of my life with my dear friend Jolynn. Her husband was higher ranking than mine so she was defiantly my guide thru the first 3 years of military life. We had tons of ups and downs, trying to figure things out. I was a go on a whim type of person, she was a planner, she didnt let her kids eat regular food hahahaha (everything was overly cut up) :) and my kids would walk around with full hot dogs. I mixed my food together, she couldnt handle having it touch each other. Thru it all i can say that she has been the best friend i've ever had. We found out that we both had a love for scary movies (any movie as long as we got out of the house). I experienced my first Black friday shopping lol, we always seemed to get free food. Gah i could go on and on. Our kids were BEST FRIENDS! She had a son a yr old than Brilie, a daughter a year younger than bri, and we both had Connors the same age!!! We went every where together, kids and all and always made the best of it. The day that they packed their car down to make their long trip back to the east coast was a really sad day for my family. But even to this day...there is no separating us...this is what true friendship is like :)

1 comment:

Sabra said...

If you guys can stay friendly through the hot dog issue (cut up or not cut up), then you can make it through anything.