Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Deployment who?






















We are halfway done with deployment, i thank the holidays for making time go by quicker, i also thank pinterest, the gym, cdc, my friends, the treehouse, and having my own house :) We are doing good, the kids have had a couple of hard times with daddy being gone, which breaks my heart that they feel any ounce of sadness. They both have a daddy doll which they hug and kiss every night. Connor was having some really bad night terrors and if anyone knows of those...knows that it can be scary for any parents to see that much fear in your kids face or hear it in their voice. The doctor said it was brought on by stress and asked if there was a big change in the family recently. But i can happily report we haven't had one in over a month. Brilie had a little set back in school, it started on a monday she had finally gotten a phone call from her dad but it was cut so short and she might of talked to him for 2 mins before she had to get on the bus. I dont think she had time to process anything, and i think missing him took over her little mind. But she has showed me how to be a fighter and she is doing amazing in school, still maintaining her golden honor roll and hasn't missed a day of school! I have been going to the gym, i plan to run my first 5k Jan.7th, i wish that my husband was here to cheer me on like our old highschool days :) but i know he is my biggest supporter and he will be routing for me the whole time (in his sleep) :) We might get to talk to him 1 to 2 a week (if internet connection is in a good mood) He is in good spirits and missing us like crazy:) My family has an awesome support system, my friends have been amazing, i've met many new friends, i've poured my feelings on to my friends who didn't see it coming and yet let me cry :) My kids have met other kids that have a parent deployed, Connor goes to the cdc every day and loves his teachers and all his friends. Life right now is moving forward and we are healthy and can't wait for him to come home :)

2 comments:

Sabra said...

Refiner's fire, as they say. You and your family will come out stronger and better than ever.

Southern Comfort...or Something like that said...

Thank you Sabra!