Monday, January 2, 2012

Great Day

Molly 
So this morning I made the decision that i was taking Bella to the dog park. I loaded her and Molly up and drove out there with the kids. I kept telling myself the whole time not to be nervous :) We went inside the dog park and she went to sniffing. Some other big dogs ran up and Bella was very nice and just sniffed them, one dog she got nervous around but it soon went away. Alot of the snow birds kept asking if it was our first time at the park (because she was on the leash), i told them yes, that i wanted her to get comfortable before letting her off. About 10 mins go by and an older man walks up to me and askes if its our first time, i told him yes and he automatically tells me to take her off the leash. [shocked] i explained to him that i didn't feel comfortable just yet with letting her off as this was our first time there. He decides to inform me that this wasn't about me [what really its not? :) ] He was telling me that im making my dog feel insecure because i wont let her off, when all the other dogs are off. At that moment tears crept up into my eyes, i could tell it was only a few mins before they would be rolling down my face. The guy tells me to let her off the leash, so like a child lol i did, he turned me around and wouldn't let me watch her, he told me that she was doing great, just meeting new friends and having fun. he kept an eye on her and wouldnt let me look for about 3 mins. the whole time im crying lol. Brilie comes up to me and hugs me and tells me she is so proud of me [wait...isn't it suppose to be the other way around?] When i turn around Bella is having the time of her life and the tears turn to happy tears. Molly and her are running back and forth around the dog park with all the other dogs. She even met a couple of new friends and i plan to take them both to the dog park every day [besides Tuesday since they are closed]. She had so much fun today and listened to me every time i called her name. After about an hour of running and playing she let me know she was ready to go home. Needless to say i was very thankful for the out spoken man from the dog park, he also informed me that i need to watch dog whisper to learn some things, bc thats where he gets all his information :) I think i will. On another good note, we have adopted another dog name Molly. She was our neighbors dog, but she fits in so perfect with our family and her and bella are best friends. She is the sweetest dog. Our family is complete [well minus one for the moment & until i have another baby..or 4] hahahha We love our dogs and i can see alot of time being spent at the dog park!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im glad you had someone there to help you through it today after being so nervous about it! Does Amarillo even have a dog park? Or is it really common and I need to get out of the house more? lol

Sabra said...

I've been wanting a baby, too lately. What's the deal? I think it's because our babies are getting big.